Power MonitorPower Outage app will monitor power outages/failures and when power is restored.
Fast OperationPlug in the charger and press play. The rest leave them to Power Outage app.
Be ProtectedLot of times electricity power is a matter or protection. Be ahead and informed.
FlashlightA handy feature right there when you need it in a tough time of a Power Outage. It is there for your convenience.
NotificationsYou will receive power state notifications when power has failed, restored, start & stop monitoring and more.
TelegramThe latest addition for instant notification the moment it happens. See Telegram below
AlarmAudio & Visual Alarm for power outage / failure. Enable it and test it before you start monitoring.
What is Telegram?A messaging platform that is fast, reliable and online all the times.
Instant NotificationIt takes less than a second for a message to arrive from Power Outage. That is fast.
Security above allTelegram is one of the safest messaging platforms where your data remains your data.
Why Telegram?You can use an old device as a monitor and your main device as a messages receiver. Pretty convenience setup. Read FAQ below for How.
Start & Stop InfoWhen Play or Stop is pressed (human intervention) an informative message will arrive.
Power Monitor InfoWhen a power outage or restoration is occur (automatic function) an informative message will arrive.
Battery InfoIf battery is gets 20% a message will arrive.
Internet InfoIt is recommended to use both WiFi & Cellular Data. When there is a change a message will say so.
Device IDSetup a unique name for monitor device. You can use multiple devices. This name is used in notifications.
Alarm DurationDuration for the alarm to be displayed. Default is 5 seconds.
Alarm SoundEnable or not. If enabled this sound will definitely wake you up.
HelpA button directly to the helpful FAQ page. With all the information you need.
Detection SensitivityYou need to avoid micro-outages? Set it at 5 seconds or more. Whatever suits you.
TelegramEnable it & enter ChatID to receive Telegram messages in Power Outage's Telegram bot. Very handy, see FAQ for detailed procedure.
SupportIf FAQ is not enough, we got you covered. Send in your message directly to Support and soon you will get a response.
With baby chicks under heat lights, a delay getting them warm after a power failure could be deadly. I needed something simple. I just need to know when the power goes out. Nothing more. In this remote setting, any time the weather changes, the power can go out. This app allowed me to sleep, knowing my chicks were warm and safe. Thanks!
The app is working perfectly for our coffee truck. It alerts us if we have a power failure while our coffee truck is in storage. We can respond before the water lines freeze and before the temp in the fridge gets in the danger zone. I can now sleep at night when the temp drops below freezing. Thanks!
At times with a lot of rain this is exactly what I needed to sleep. With the sump pump going off every 45 seconds, I needed to know if we had a power failure, so I could hook pump up to a generator so water wouldn’t overfill and flood basement. Thanks!
I use it to be informed when my home power is out. I have lots of stuff in deep freezer and sometimes the power is out not due to the main grid but because of a short time over voltage and fuses must be put back to on. This app lets me know and I can call my neighbour to check the fuses. Thank you.
Can not fault this app, alerts me immediately if power cuts, rcd tripped etc! can then have the time to sort out anything that requires sorting as Use battery back ups for important stuff so can reset trip with no loss of service or reset of devices.
Truly elegant software that does exactly what it says on the tin - very simply. Exactly what I was looking for.
5 stars because this app is awesome kai giati einai kai ellinas.. kai an den penepsoume to spiti mas... hahaha
Not only does this app work as expected but support is fantastic. I didn’t know that the screen and app had to remain open but a quick email from the developer sorted that out. He even explained why it had to be that way. Thank you so much.
If you still have a question contact us via Power Outage's Settings.
- Anyone who has delicate electrical equipment that power outages might destroy them,
- Anyone who has his/her equipment destroyed from power failures (e.g. fridges),
- Anyone who needs to be notified when there is no power,
- The one who thinks safety is above all
- Will wake you up when sleeping,
- Will send you a Telegram/Email notification when power has failed,
- Will send you a Telegram/Email notification when power has been restored,
- Handy in areas with tornados or earthquakes because usually power fails before the tornado.
New name means greater discoverability from users that need an app like Power Outage. So Black Out was ditched for an easier app name.
There is also a new bot into Telegram (named 'Power Outage app’ (@poweroutage_app_bot)) that will function as before. No need to do any new settings into Telegram.
- Any iOS device with iOS 10.3 or Newer
- iPhone 5 (updated to last iOS) (2012) or Newer
- iPod Touch 6th Generation (2015) & Newer
- iPad 4th Generation (2014) & Newer
- iPad Mini 2 (2014) & Newer
- An iPhone 5 updated to iOS 10.3.4
- SIM Card with Cellular Data plan enabled (3G/4G)
- Original Charger
- Original Charging Cable
- Original Battery (if battery is serviced)
- For Standalone Monitor
- Only one device, your main one.
- For Remote Monitor or Monitors
- Your main device where you want to receive notifications.
- Any other device/devices which will de left connected to charger in order to monitor power outages.
- Check you are connected to WiFi and have Cellular data enabled.
- If there is no WiFi just leave Cellular Data enabled.
- Check Settings to setup Power Outage app
- Enable at least Telegram notifications for instant information on power condition.
- Connect device to charger.
- When thunder turns Blue, press play to start.
- Leave it as it is. If something happens you will be notified.
- You can press Stop to stop monitoring power.
- Your charger is connected.
- Power Outage app is ready to start monitoring, just press Play button.
- You can test your Settings by pressing TEST button
- Visual Alarm displayed for the duration set,
- Audio Alarm if enabled,
- Telegram Message if enabled,
- Email if enabled.
- Settings button
- Your device is monitoring for power outages/failures.
- There is a power outage.
- Your device is monitoring for Power Restore.
- Your device cannot monitor for power.
- Connect your device to charger.
- Enter Power Outage app’s Settings
- Turn switch on and a notification with instructions will pop-up
- Press ‘App Store’ button
- Download Telegram app from App Store on your main device in which you wish to receive Telegram notifications.
- Telegram app
- Register into Telegram app
- In ‘Contacts Tab’ search for ‘Power Outage app’ (@poweroutage_app_bot)
- Tap on it to open a conversation
- Press ‘START’
- Write down or copy the ChatID number
- Power Outage app
- In Settings enter or paste ChatID number.
- That was it, you are ready to receive Telegram notifications.